This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: next/step after main() function's return
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:05:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: next/step after main() function's return
- References: <4D19144E.email@example.com>
Edjunior Barbosa Machado wrote:
when issuing a next or step after main() function's return statement, gdb drops to __libc_start_main() from libc on x86 (or generic_start_main() on ppc and so on, depending on the arch if I'm not mistaken). Is it considered a bug or it's just the expected behavior?
Does the "ending-run.exp" test case pass or fail on this system?