This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb with python support still get crash on showing uninitialized local variables
- From: asmwarrior <asmwarrior at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Xun Xun <xunxun1982 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:47:03 +0800
- Subject: Re: gdb with python support still get crash on showing uninitialized local variables
- References: <4CB66700.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CBE7B08.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4CD8ABA4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4CE0C149.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4D06D1DB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 2010-12-14 23:00, Tom Tromey wrote:
Hi, Tom, Here are the good news.
I don't know of any problem offhand. I do builds from the git mirror
regularly without problems, but of course I'm on a different host.
All I can suggest is to debug it.
If I had this problem I might start by comparing the snapshot and git
source trees. Though, TBH, I'd be surprised to find anything weird
Next I would try to understand why exactly the build failed in
libiberty, and track down the problem.
With the great help of Codeblocks' forum user "xunxun1982"
several days testing and struggling. Now, the problem was totally solved.
In-fact, the problem is that the MSYS configure program can NOT
correctly handling the Windows CR LF newline. When I use the MSYS Git to
check out the git gdb working copy, all the source in the gdb working
copy was encoded by CRLF format. and this cause many weird building
errors. (since the snapshot of gdb source use LF format, so I can
successfully build them).
Here are the steps to solve the problem:
1, open the file:
and change the line
autocrlf = true
autocrlf = false
this can stop the git to change the style from LF to CRLF.
2, get the gdb git copy again (now, all the source was in UNIX LF style)
3, configure and make to build the gdb.
Now, everything works fine!!! I have successfully build the gdb from the
git source under MSYS and MinGW 4.5.2. Wonderful!!!