Re: multi-{inferior,exec}

>>>>> "Nenad" == Nenad Vukicevic <nenad@intrepid.com> writes:

Nenad> However, as our run-time contains a thread that is not UPC
Nenad> language related, I made some changes and created a "upcmode" of
Nenad> operation where commands like breakpoint, info threads, .. apply
Nenad> only to UPC threads (a set in your example). Also, "c -a" like
Nenad> commands apply only to UPC threads. Same with "thread apply all".

It sounds like you made the needed inferior-control changes ... any
chance of a patch for this?

I think instead of a special "upcmode", though, just having generic I/T
sets would be better.  UPC could be one instance of this.

Nenad> Also, having set names is better then numbers (e.g. "upc" set of
Nenad> threads for UPC program set) and using
Nenad> names or numbers should be interchangeable.

Yes.  I'm also thinking that we should support implementing named sets
in Python.  That way a set could be very dynamic, when needed.

Nenad> We also had to implement "collective" breakpoints where
Nenad> breakpoint is announced to user only once all the threads reached
Nenad> it. In "upcmode" every breakpoint is a collective one, unless you
Nenad> explicitly turn this feature off.

This sounds like the "barrier" feature in HPD.
A patch for this would be interesting, too.

I am curious though -- what is it useful for?

Tom