Re: Reading a static variable in Python

On 3/12/2010 3:53 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Chris" == Chris Johns<chris@contemporary.net.au> writes:

Tom> Use gdb.parse_and_eval.

Chris>  Nice. This is an excellent solution. I suppose being an expression it
Chris>  can do the pointer maths as well. I was looking at ways to construct a
Chris>  gdb.Value with a gdb.Symbol as an argument.

Yes, strangely there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
If you want this, feel free to file a bug report for it...

I am happy with the gdb.parse_and_eval solution. If a need arises I will create a bug report.

Thanks
Chris