This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Licensing: gdb/osf-share/ is GPL-incompatible
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:24:25 +0100
- Subject: Licensing: gdb/osf-share/ is GPL-incompatible
Matej Cepl has found gdb/osf-share/ contains "BSD with advertising" license:
* (c) Copyright 1990-1996 OPEN SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC.
* (c) Copyright 1990-1996 HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
* (c) Copyright 1990-1996 DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION
* (c) Copyright 1991, 1992 Siemens-Nixdorf Information Systems
* To anyone who acknowledges that this file is provided "AS IS" without
* any express or implied warranty: permission to use, copy, modify, and
* distribute this file for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
* provided that the above copyright notices and this notice appears in
* all source code copies, and that none of the names listed above be used
* in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
* without specific, written prior permission. None of these organizations
* makes any representations about the suitability of this software for
* any purpose.
This code is GPL-incompatible according to:
Therefore gdb/+bfd/ etc. should contain an exception for its GPLv3+:
Found this gdb/osf-share code is referenced only by:
$(COMPILE) -I$(srcdir)/osf-share -I$(srcdir)/osf-share/HP800 \
Or do I miss something obvious? IANAL (Matej Cepl is).