Re: Reset breakpoint after load?

Paul Koning wrote:
On 01/22/2010 10:15 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
Yes, but... doesn't GDB take read-only data from the executable file
rather than from the target?  If so then it should not matter.
That's
what "set trust-readonly-sections" does. Or is it off by default?
Turn
it on, that's good for performance anyway.

I just tested this method and confirm that "set
trust-readonly-sections
on" also works. According to the manual, this option is off by
default.

Right, I noticed that it's set that way.  I have a GDB with local mods
for our embedded system work; one of the mods is to change the default
to "on".  That makes debug much faster and makes sense in any case.
It's very rare to need it to be off.

We defaulted it to 'off' when first implemented, just to
be conservative.  Haven't heard of it causing any problems
since then, so perhaps it's time to default it to 'on'.