This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] "actionpoints"?
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:58:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] "actionpoints"?
- References: <4B5106CB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:22:35 -0800
> From: Stan Shebs <email@example.com>
> It turns out there is a generic term available - "actionpoint". It
> originally comes from TotalView I think, and was adopted into the HPD
> (high performance debugger) spec back in the 90s.
> A plus is that the term is sufficiently vague that it is sensible for
> watchpoints, catchpoints, tracepoints, breakpoints, and the rest of the
> menagerie, including future ideas we haven't thought of yet. A minus is
> that it means having to teach an unfamiliar term to users, and it
> entails a certain amount of hacking up the manual.
Not only the manual, but also some commands, such as "info break".
They will have to be renamed.
I don't necessarily object, although personally it sounds a bit gross