This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Combined tree fails to build -- libtool version mismatch?
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org, newlib at sourceware dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 07:48:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: Combined tree fails to build -- libtool version mismatch?
- References: <email@example.com> <4B489219.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 01/09/2010 12:16 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>> This is with gcc SVN revision 155740, and src checked out yesterday
>> (top of src/Changelog is the fix from Kaveh and FX for gcc PR42424).
>> Not knowing a thing about libtool, I hope someone can tell me what's
>> wrong here;-)
> src and gcc's libtool are out-of-sync (2.2.6 vs. 2.2.7a respectively). Since
> gcc's files dominate, you have ltmain.sh from GCC but bfd's configure uses
> src's libtool configuration.
> Binutils should adopt GCC's libtool.m4, ltmain.sh, lt~obsolete.m4,
> ltoptions.m4, ltsugar.m4, ltversion.m4 and src should rerun autoconf on all
> of its scripts (CCing gdb, newlib and cygwin mailing lists).
> DJ, can you add these files to the list that we get email about?
Many files in the top directories between gcc and src are out of sync.
You can do a diff on them to check it out.