Re: System call support in reversible debugging

Sean Chen wrote:

Well. You mentioned that this munmap just can let prec ignore some
memory change record entry. Could you please show me what kind of
memory change is ignored?

Can gdb record the system call?

These are two separate questions. I think the one you started with is can gdb record a system call, and the answer is "yes".

The issue with mmap has a lot of history, and rather than try to explain it, I urge you to look up the threads which have "mmap" or "sbrk" in the title) and read them.