Re: gdb-7.0 on osx

On Oct 8, 2009, at 6:56 PM, Tobias Hahn wrote:

Actually, that was the problem, but subtly so:

I had trusted it using the Keychain application running from my user account. This somehow trusted it only for my user. Running the Keychain app as root and trusting again resolved this issue.

Ah, I never ran Keychain as root.

However, it still does not find any symbols except in trivial test cases.

I think you can work-around this issue by first running dsymutil.

Also, I have not yet managed to debug 32bit executables. I have tried various build options (i386-apple-darwin10, i686-apple- darwin10) but none seemed to work. It always complains that it cannot read mach-o-i386 files.

Any ideas on this one?

Yes, this is fixed in head. gdb 7.0 doesn't handle i386 binaries, unfortunately.

Tristan.