Re: Potential problem between non-stop and linux-thread-db

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 18:30:58, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Pedro Alves wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 October 2009 01:42:24, Michael Snyder wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, these callbacks weren't really used by glibc.  Has that
> > changed recently?
>
> Probably not.  I was just looking at the code, not actually
> running or debugging it.

Feel free to put a comment there, or let me know if you'd
like me to.  In any case, in non-stop mode, at least the current
lwp is always stopped already when we call into thread_db.

It's likely that solaris' thread_db does make use of such
callbacks.  I didn't check, but well, they've invented the
interface.  We never did merge sol-threads.c and proc-service.c
though, and solaris doesn't support non-stop presently anyway.

--
Pedro Alves