Re: gdb.git mirror is broken

> If anyone is interested in switching primary GDB development
> to git, once such a new repository is in place and deemed stable,
> I urge you to dump CVS.  While the conversion tools are not always
> reliable, I can assure you that git itself has been amazingly reliable
> for years.

I think we're not quite ready to switch to any other version management
system right now, unfortunately. But I strongly support a switch to git.
The problem is that, for this to happen, we will have to agree to some
adjustments in one way or the other, because we won't have partial
checkouts anymore.  This will need to be discussed by the maintainers
of the various projects that are part of src, and getting an agreement
might not be an easy task, especially across projects and with using
just email... Several of us in the GDB project are very motivated in
that direction, so as soon as things quiet down a bit, we'll try to
come up with a plan and start discussing it seriously.

--
Joel