Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GDB 7.0 release process created

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:

> My understand was that the sections from the .o objfiles was already
> filtered out from the section map (after emitting the complaint).

Ah, I see.  It's true that overlapping sections are already filtered
out, but it is not guaranteed which ones, and in fact the .text from
a.exe is more likely to be discarded then the .text from (some) foo.o,
because the latter will generally have lower section start.

> So the debugger should still find the correct section.

I don't believe that's true for committed source.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov