Re: gdb reverse execution: how to actually run tests for it?

Hello Jakob -- welcome back!

Pedro's reply below includes answers to most of your questions.
This is some background.

It is normal for those of us doing development on new or
unusual platforms to need to define a "board description file",
to let Dejagnu know how to do certain things with our target.
See "site.exp" in Pedro's email.

For the reverse debugging tests, I used this guard variable
to make sure the tests would only run on targets that were
explicitly tagged as being reverse-capable:

    if ![target_info exists gdb,can_reverse] {
        return
    }

So you will want to have this in your board description file:

set_board_info gdb,can_reverse 1

Secondly, there are a few commands that are specific to
"process record", so I guarded them with this variable:

if [target_info exists gdb,use_precord] { # Activate process record/replay gdb_test "record" "" "Turn on process record" }

You won't want to use those commands, so you will
not define that variable in your board description.

If there are any commands that are unique to your
implementation, you can define your own guard variable
and add them to the tests.

Thanks
Michael