Re: gdb reverse execution: how to actually run tests for it?

On Monday 17 August 2009 12:32:50, Jakob Engblom wrote:
> > make check RUNTESTFLAGS="break-reverse.exp --target_board=precord" &&
>
> I had to do
>
> make check RUNTESTFLAGS="gdb.reverse/break-reverse.exp --target_board=precord"
>

> To make this work, after creating the precord.exp file in
> /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/

You don't really need to clobber that directory.

See:
http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/TestingGDB#head-4eade7db27381c0f4747113b6edea1b8f365d73f

# Create an empty file named site.exp.
# Create a directory named boards in the same location as site.exp.
# Create a file named native-gdbserver.exp in the boards directory (see below).
# Set the DEJAGNU environment variable to point to the empty site.exp.
# Run the testsuite with make check-gdb RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board native-gdbserver".

Adjust as needed, of course.

Although, needing to set "gdb,use_precord" seems weird
though.  Can't we make it so that if we're testing a native
gdb, and, if the target matches a list of targets that support
precord, then, well, claim support for reverse, and test with precord?
That is, get rid of the  need for a board file at all unless testing
against a remote target that supports reverse.

In any case, for the cases a board file is needed for testing
reverse, it would be nice to have that explained in the
wiki (or somewhere else).

--
Pedro Alves