Re: How and When a frame is constructed

And I wonder if I know the values of all registers, could I construct a frame from those values?

Regards,

Mao

On Aug 5, 2009, at 9:44 AM, kceiwH wrote:

Hi,

When I read GDB source codes, I don't understand how a frame is constructed, and when.
As far as I know, get_current_frame is used to get a current frame. When current_frame is NULL, it will construct a sentinel_frame and unwind it to get current_frame. But I don't know where current_frame will be updated except get_current_frame. The

I also guess that the frame stack will be updated when the inferior is running, stepped. But I still don't find the code to update the frame stack.

I'm wondering when the first frame is constructed and pushed to frame stack and how to push to and pop from frame stack.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Mao