This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: status of Darwin support
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Christian Thalinger <Christian dot Thalinger at Sun dot COM>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:51:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: status of Darwin support
- References: <4A5F8D9E.1060307@Sun.COM>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Twisti" == Christian Thalinger <Christian.Thalinger@Sun.COM> writes:
Twisti> I just read http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-08/msg00193.html about
Twisti> Darwin support and I wanted to ask what the current status is (since
Twisti> it's about 1 year ago)?
Twisti> I am having some problems with the GDB shipped with Xcode and I would
Twisti> like to (hopefully) get around these problems in using a different GDB
Twisti> Right now I can run my program in GDB but there is a problem with
Twisti> debugging symbols and shared libraries.
I didn't see any answer to this.
I know that some Darwin patches have gone in since last August.
However, I don't know the current state of the port.
Could you try gdb CVS and see how it works for you?
If you run into problems, file them in bugzilla, if you would.