Re: Reporting 'out of hardware breakpoints' situation

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:35:45AM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> It is a difficult problem.  There is also the case where multiple
> hardware breakpoints can be covered by a single hardware watch
> register (if two or more watched locations were adjacent in memory).
> It makes it difficult to know exactly how many breakpoints you can
> support.

FYI, I noticed a target we're working on that has two ways to
implement hardware breakpoints.  One only works in a certain address
space, and the other shares hardware resources with watchpoints.
So figuring out how many breakpoints are available is pretty
complex.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery