Re: how to update symbol and source code quickly

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 04:28:57PM +0800, loody wrote:
> Each time I recompile the source code, I find the content of list is
> still the previous one, even I restart the debug session.

How do you restart the debug session? I use the "file" command, and it
works fine for me with gdb 6.8 on i386 and 6.6 on arm.

> That means I have to reset arg and breakpoints, etc.
> Is there any better way to do so?

I think it depends on how you add breakpoints. If you use the file:line
syntax or absolute addresses, I don't think there's much gdb can do to
find out where the position you want is located in the new version. Most
of the time I use breaking on functions specified by name; these work
for me. gdb 6.8 shows the old line number in "info break", but seems to
break in the right location.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov