Re: Experiences building and using gdb 6.8 on Solaris

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Frank Middleton
<f.middleton@apogeect.com> wrote:

>> (top) where full

I assumed you'd be using a "normal" CVS build (with "-g -O2"), not a
stripped binary.

> Breakpoint 1, 0x000738d8 in internal_error ()
> (top) where full
> #0 ?0x000738d8 in internal_error ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #1 ?0x00128cf4 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #2 ?0x00128cf4 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
>
> Would it help if I rebuilt gdb with symbols and reran this test

Possibly. You shouldn't need to rebuild anything; just don't strip the
resulting GDB.

> or maybe
> it should be submitted as a bug to the Solaris maintainers?

I am not sure there *are* any Solaris maintainers.

> It is quite
> conceivable that upgrading from snv103 to snv112 might fix this problem,
> so does anyone at gdb want to work on this before I do so?

I'd say you should get the "full" stack trace first. This may give enough
clues to someone. If you want to upgrade your machine to snv112, it would
probably be wise to save the offending libXau first (just in case someone
desires to look at the problem later).

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov