Re: [Ada/dwarf] New DW_AT_GNAT_descriptive_type DWARF attribute...

Joel> But the reality is that we don't see this happening in the near
Joel> future. As we've come to accept this fact, we at AdaCore think
Joel> that it would be useful to others to be able to take advantage
Joel> of this attribute.

I think you should trust your judgment here; you're the expert in this
area.

Joel> The changes in GDB are relatively small, I think - at least in
Joel> the DWARF reader part. We added a field in the gnat_specific part
Joel> of struct type, and I can see how it could trigger some protests.
Joel> But we can discuss the specifics of the patch if there are no
Joel> objections to this new attribute.

I don't see a gnat_specific part of struct type at all.  Is this from
an unsubmitted change?

If struct type is a major space problem, we can counteract that by
changing the type implementation.  Jan sent some ideas about this to
the gdb-patches list a while ago.  I'm not sure this is all that big
an issue, though I am also not completely certain.  Numbers would
help.

Tom