Re: Strange stack trace on Windows

Hi Pedro...

Thanks for your reply.

Pedro Alves wrote on 17.03.2009 15:27:09:
> On Tuesday 17 March 2009 13:48:24, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> > It is quite painful to use gdb on windows for quite a while now.
> > Windows, whether one may like it or not, is a major platform
> > and gdb should also operate well here. I am fighting for a long time
> > with these problems now. Isn't there a general solution thinkable?
>
> Sure there is.  :-)  Teach GDB about MSFT's debug info, e.g., PDB files,
> and about the FPO (frame pointer omission) information in them.
>
> See e.g., <http://www.debuginfo.com/articles/gendebuginfo.html>.
Sigh... This is the answer I have feared. If one would do that he
must also implement that as kind of multi debug format handling.
The code which is compiled with gcc and having stabs(or dwarf2)
debugging informations and the system shared libs having MS
format..

Maybe someone has to take this challenge once...

Roland