Re: What about add a interface to output the assembly codes follow inferior execution

Thanks guys,

For the people that want extend disassemble:
Output assembly codes of next-line is just one part of this idea.

We still have another part:
1. Auto mode, output assembly codes only if there is not line message
for current pc.
For example:
(gdb) si
0x080483ee      24              b = printf ("a = %d b = %d c = %d\n", a, b, c);
(gdb) si
0x080482d8 in printf@plt ()
Current language:  auto; currently asm
0x080482d8 <printf@plt+0>:      jmp    *0x8049670
(gdb) si
0x080482de in printf@plt ()
0x080482de <printf@plt+6>:      push   $0x10

I think maybe is can be default option of gdb.  Add it to display with itself?

2. Output assembly codes number limit.
This idea form Doug:
Also, the user might want to set a limit on the number of lines of
disassembly displayed.
If cut short gdb could print "[output cut short due to `set
dissemble-next-line-max 10']" (or some such).

I think maybe it need output something like "This message is cut ...
you can set it with ...".

3. Special for optimized code.
This idea form Doug too:
For debugging optimized code, maybe it'd be nice if gdb determined
there were more (discontiguous) lines of disassembly to display for
the current source line and notified the user (by printing
"discontiguous source line" or some such) before and/or after the
output.

I think maybe is too much thing for disassemble.

Thanks,
Hui