Re: gdb doesn't show all threads, but gdbserver does

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM, N. van Bolhuis <nvbolhuis@aimvalley.nl> wrote:

In fact I did just that. I didn't mention it since it's there
(libthread_db.so.1 is loaded into gdb) so this is not the issue.

Hmm, I wonder if the "stripped libpthread.so.0" struck again.

Could you please do 'ldd /mnt/norbert/mainctrl.exe' on target,
note which libpthread.so.0 it is using, and then

nm /path/to/libpthread.so.0 | egrep '_version|pthread_threads_events'

If this shows 'no symbols', you have stripped libpthread.so.0 on
target (but not on host). Don't do that. Do "strip --strip-debug"
instead.

aha, that must be it. I did (fully) strip all libraries on target.

yes if I do "strip --strip-debug" it works.

thanks a lot!

I did not realize gdb needs libpthread debug symbols to "discover"
threads.
Hmm, if I think about it I still not fully understand why.
Anyway it work now and I'm happy.