coredump and continue ?

When program crashes under gdb,  sometimes (rarely), after
quick investigation, I need to save coredump and quit gdb, to be able
to continue debugging later [1]
I am talking the coredump of debugged process, not of gdb.

I can force coredump with "signal 3". But that kills the process.

What if I want to create coredump and
*continue* to run the same process uinder gdb ?
Is this possible ?

Thanks
Viki

[1] If you ask why, it's to preserve the state facing
either reboot or the disconnection of ssh session before going home.