RE: add-symbol-file arguments

> > Is it possible to "stringify" the value in a variable and use the
> > result in another gdb command.  The specific command is
> > add-symbol-file.
>
> Not yet, but the ongoing Python integration will allow this easily.
>
> Well, that's not entirely true.  You can do it now, but it's ugly...
> you can steal the "set logging" command to generate output to a
> temporary file, generate output using the "printf" command,
> and then "source" it.  It's not highly recommended :-)
[Manning, Sidney]

Thanks for the info.  The following worked well enough for me:

define modload
 set logging overwrite on
 set logging on /tmp/gg
 printf `add-symbol-file %s 0x%x\n`, module, addr
 set logging off
 source /tmp/gg
end

Setting this to run at a given breakpoint will provide the automation that was wanted.