Sharing target code between gdb and gdbserver.

In working on harware watch register support for mips*-linux, I have
been looking at adding support to gdbserver as well.

It appears that the gdbserver's target vector has watchpoint functions,
but perhaps only the crisv32-linux target implements them.  Is that correct?

My (perhaps naive) thought is that I could just reuse the same
watchpoint functions I am adding to gdb's target vector for gdbserver.
Would this be possible or advisable?  Why doesn't i386 do this?

David Daney