This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: breakpoint in gdbserver
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: dixit at netapp dot com (Dixit, Amol)
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:36:00 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: breakpoint in gdbserver
Amol Dixit wrote:
> I am attempting to port gdbserver for freebsd (libpthread/libthr). While
> I may have complex doubts later, I will start with a simple one.
> I need to look at some gdbserver code path on Linux, and while I can set
> breakpoints and these functions are entered, gdb doesn't break at all.
> Gdbserver is compiled w/ symbols and I am using gdb6.8 to debug it.
> Any idea what I am missing here?
Gdbserver uses a direct call to the Linux "clone" system call at startup,
and for some reason GDB gets really confused by this.
When I want to debug gdbserver, I generally simply comment out the call
to linux_test_for_tracefork in linux-nat.c:initialize_low to avoid this.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE