Re: Spurious SIGTRAP reported by GDB 6.8 when debugging embedded RTOS application

This change in behaviour looks like it has occurred as a result of some
structural changes in infrun.c. After a quick scan I can see numerous
(related I think) changes which are possible candidates for this
behavioural change, and all in the area of single stepping :-).

It looks like that these changes have been made in order to improve the
expected behaviour of GDB when debugging multi-threaded applications;
unfortunately while this is OK for debugging user processes on OS's such
as Linux it does not fit nicely onto my RTOS :-(.

I suspect that your explanation about the behaviour of "next" when the
target stopped due to a breakpoint may be implicated in this change :-).

I do not know what the "right" solution in general is, but for my RTOS I
think the only recourse is to ensure that the last stopped thread is
selected before performing a step operation.

Cheers,

Antony.