This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb supported on powerpc-apple-darwin ?
- From: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mario Emmenlauer <mario at emmenlauer dot de>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, rj at surtec dot com
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:11:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: gdb supported on powerpc-apple-darwin ?
- References: <48A6E7E9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
No. The platform-specific bits necessary to make GDB work as a native
debugger on Darwin are rather complicated, and have never been gotten to
work in FSF GDB. (I got partway there once, tree is still on my disk
somewhere.) You should be able to build cross debuggers targeting
embedded systems though, I do that regularly.
it seems a rather trivial question, however I could not easily find
the answer: is 'plain' FSF gdb supported on Mac OS X (ppc darwin)?