Re: [MI] argv/argc/args

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 01:06:27PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> So, we have 3 commands for which requiring the input to be quoted per MI rules
> will cause issues; and fixing those issues will require changing other parts of
> GDB to avoid parsing filenames, which is risky at this point. It appears, that
> instead of reverting my original patch, we can just path those 3 commands
> via CLI directly. Does the plan sound reasonable?

Can we use the same approach for -exec-run/-exec-return now that some
of your other async-related patches are in?  I know it's less likely,
but we can't rule out some frontend using them.

For -target-select, -target-download, and -exec-until your approach
sounds great to me.  We do want these things to be quoted normally
someday but I think it has to wait for mi3.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery