Re: User-defined commands and thread/frame changes

A Wednesday 18 June 2008 12:33:21, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> We were discussion some issues with GDB console behaviour on Eclipse DSF
> list, and I've realized I miss one bit of information. Does anybody know of
> some concrete examples of reasonable user-defined commands that can change
> the current thread or frame?

Can you point me at this discussion?

I know people use things like "up" or "frame" in breakpoint commands, to
analyse the call site of a breakpoint hit and do proceed/resume/stop
decisions on that.

I've implemented (mostly as proof-of-concept, not finished) an idea of
providing a context stack (a context being selected thread a frame), and
the thread and frame commands applying to the current context, so
define or breakpoint commands don't mess with the user selected
thread and frame (those are the top level context).

--
Pedro Alves