RE: Re: Multiprocess MI extensions

> >> -> How to report process exit? Should we overload
> =thread-exited, introduce
> >> =thread-group-exited, or what?
> >>
> >> -> Should we auto-attach to newly forked processes? Should we have
> >>  =new-thread-group notificatin, if so?
> >>
> > Auto attach should probably be an option, but if there is an auto
> > attach, a notification should definitely be generated.
>
> OK.
>
> >> -> Should we have just =created and =exited notifications,
> used for threads
> >> and processes and what not?
> >>
> > I don't think it makes much difference whether the same
> event is used or
> > not as long as a parent-id field is included in the event.
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page -- if we use one
> notification for everything,
> it will either have a 'thread' field -- when a thread is
> created/exited, or 'thread-group'
> field, when  process is created/exited. Is that OK?

Currently, when the inferior exits, there is an event that looks like:
*stopped,reason="exited-normally"
or some other variant.

I gather this is not a considered option for multi-process?
It probably would have helped with backwards compatibility.

What notification would be used for single-process, after the
multi-process changes?  Still *stopped... or will it be made in-line
with multi-process?

Thanks

marc