CVS regression: reading debug infos from vmlinux broken

Hi,

looking for working support of hardware-assisted debugging over remote
sessions, I gave today's CVS a try. That feature now finally works
(great!), but CVS head suffers from a regression: Obviously, no debug
information of all the Linux kernel images I fed in can be evaluated so
that source level debugging becomes unusable. Those very same images are
all nicely processed by gdb-6.7.1 or 6.8. Also, usual application
binaries do not cause troubles to the development version. Known issue?

If you need further information or a test image, just let me know.

Jan