Re: Multi-Process Mode for gdbserver

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 06:38:14PM -0700, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> From what I gather though, there is no monitor command to list the
> processes that are available where gdbserver is running.  Is there a
> good reason for that, or is it just that no one has had the time?

No one had the interest yet.  If gdbserver is running over ssh, and
you're using it by hand, it's not a big hardship to keep another
window open.

> If it is a missing patch, then I am willing to look into implementing this.  However, I wonder how to deal
> with the fact that such a function is OS dependent.  Personally, I want it for Linux.  Is it ok
> to try to enhance gdbserver to have "monitor list processes" but only for Linux?  And if so, it is ok to
> simply have gdbserver call ps?

Depends what you want to do with the data.  If all you want is a
textual list, then even "monitor shell ps" would be OK.  It relies
on having ps on the target and the output will vary based on what
version of ps you have.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery