Re: GDB MI Interface

>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <dje@google.com> writes:

Doug> Is it lamentable that we have both gdbmi and (soon) a real scripting
Doug> interface with no real commonality?  Just thinking out loud ... I
Doug> don't have an answer.

I worried about this a bit, particularly when hacking up the event
code to be able to notify python even when some other interpreter has
been chosen.

Now I think the two things are orthogonal.

You need something like MI so that UIs, even text-y ones like Emacs,
can drive gdb intelligently.

But, for folks using the CLI, you need better scripting than what has
historically been provided.  I suppose in theory this could be
provided by whatever is driving MI -- but perhaps at the cost of
having to rewrite app-specific gdb scripts once per UI.

Tom