Re: Backspace problem on GDB

José Tomás Eterovic wrote:

> I don't have root access to the machine, so if you could tell me what
> can I put on .inputrc to fix that would be great

What does "echo $TERM" say and what terminal are you using?  What gets
sent when you press backspace?  You can find out the latter with most
shells by first pressing control-V then the key in question.  It should
be either ^H or ^? if it's anything like most standard terminals.  You
can fool around with putting something like

"C-H"  backward-delete-char

or

"C-?"  backward-delete-char

in your $HOME/.inputrc, or as appropriate for whatever sequence your
terminal sends for backspace.  There should be a readline man page on
the system too that you can consult.

Brian