Re: Any solution to not being able to interrupt step in GDB ?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:05:44PM +0000, Antony KING wrote:
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Why doesn't quit_flag get set?  That's how I think we ought to do
this.  Avoid immediate_quit, that's dangerous to mess with.
In my grep'ing of the (6.6) sources, I could only find quit_flag being set when async_request_quit() is called, by the event processing loop. It is also set in request_quit() but this API does not seem to be used.

Are you working on 6.6 rather than HEAD? Fred Fish moved quit_flag setting from async_request_quit to handle_sigint on 2007-02-09, which is later than your sources. That should simplify things a bit!

Hmm, looking at the sources on the HEAD, upgrading might indeed do the trick. We plan to upgrade to GDB 6.7.1 in the next round of our products so hopefully this can be more easily resolved.

Cheers,

Antony.