Re: Problem building cross-debugger

Jim Blandy wrote:

>>> There is now only one undefined reference remaining: `_bfd_i386_arch'
>>
>> This is turning out to be a very one-sided thread :)
>> I managed to get the link phase to work by explicitly including
>> ../bfd/cpu-i386.o in the gcc command doing the final link.  Perhaps
>> the GDB maintainers can have a look at the cause of the problem.
>
> I think the reason you haven't gotten much interaction is that you may
> be the only person on the list who's working with such a
> configuration.  If you could figure out the source of the problem and
> suggest a patch, that would get things rolling.

I got exactly the same problem building i386-elf target on i686-pc-cygwin
host with gcc 3.4.4. The problem exists both for binutils-2.16.1 and for
binutils-2.17.

Thank you, Gerrit. Your tip helped me to go on.
Other errors prevented me from building readelf.exe. Hopefullly I could live
with one from standard cygwin distribution.