reverse debugging news

Hey all,

A friend just sent me these links.  Apparently VMWare is using gdb
to do reverse debugging.

We should get in touch with them, revive and sync those bits,
and get them into the public gdb!

Begin quoted text:

GDB Server
Like Workstation, Fusion has a built-in GDB server. This allows you to
debug the guest without having to run kdb or recompile your kernel (I
think this is for Linux guests, or at least guests you can use GDB
with). You will need a kernel with symbols for your distro and be
familiar with how to use gdb. There is also untested support for
record/replay, which lets you do interesting things like stepping
backward through a program.

(from http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-1201)

Here's the guy at vmware who did it:
http://www.blogger.com/profile/11817787238843961916