Should we install gcore.sh (and a gcore.1 man page)?

The offered contribution, by Nicolas Bonifas, of a man page
for the gcore shell script has raised a question vis a vis
gdb's install script.

We have this shell script in our source tree, which invokes
gdb and makes it run the "gcore" command on a specified process.
This was, I believe, to mimic a 'gcore' command utility from
Sun (or some such).

But we've never installed the gcore shell script.

Should we?  Should we go ahead and put it into $<install>/bin?
In which case we might want to accept the contributed man page
and install that as well?

Apparently Debian's package installer does this, renaming the
script to just "gcore" in the process.

Michael