Re: Regarding shared library and GDB

Hi,

Changing the discussion to this mailing list since it seems more
appropriate.

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 00:08 -0700, sunil wrote:
> Am interested to debug one shared library using GDB.This shared
> libarry is used by a binary (for which i doesn't have the code).I am
> aware about at what point of time the library will be called.
> Can i debug that library iusing GDB.If yes please let me know the
> steps how to proceed further.

If the library has debug information, you should be able to set a
pending breakpoint on a function in the library. It will be resolved by
GDB when it gets loaded by the binary. You don't need source code or
debug information for the main program if all you are interested in is
the library.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann