This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Multi-byte filenames
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Gordon Prieur <Gordon dot Prieur at Sun dot COM>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:27:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: Multi-byte filenames
- References: <46FD6351.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 01:25:53PM -0700, Gordon Prieur wrote:
> I've written a UTF-8 to gdb filename converter for the netbeans gdb module.
> only multi-byte exanples I have use 2 byte characters. Does gdb accept 3 and 4
> characters? If so, is there a spec on the conversion?
GDB does not know anything about UTF-8 or multi-byte character sets.
It uses exactly what it gets from the debug info and exactly what it
gets from the user prompt, nothing more.