From: Daniel Jacobowitz [mailto:drow@false.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:20 PM
To: Peter Skvarka
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 02:46:00PM +0200, Peter Skvarka wrote:
> I use arm-elf-insight version 6.6 and after success connect into
> OpenOCD with JTAG, I am trying to issue in gdb console:
> "info threads"

If you are using a JTAG device to talk to your target, it probably does not
support threads.  However, it looks like it is not correctly reporting that
it does not support threads.

> after it there is displayed two dialog boxes:
> "RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list"
> and
> "couldn't restore frame in current thread, at frame 0"
>
> What does it mean this error ? How can I correct it ?

Compare the remote protocol manual with what OpenOCD is doing, and change
OpenOCD's behavior to correctly report unsupported commands.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery