This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Peter Skvarka <ps at softinengines dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:20:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list
- References: <20070919124417.0659E1973AD@debian.softinengines.com>
On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 02:46:00PM +0200, Peter Skvarka wrote:
> I use arm-elf-insight version 6.6 and after success connect into OpenOCD
> with JTAG,
> I am trying to issue in gdb console:
> "info threads"
If you are using a JTAG device to talk to your target, it probably
does not support threads. However, it looks like it is not correctly
reporting that it does not support threads.
> after it there is displayed two dialog boxes:
> "RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list"
> "couldn't restore frame in current thread, at frame 0"
> What does it mean this error ? How can I correct it ?
Compare the remote protocol manual with what OpenOCD is doing, and
change OpenOCD's behavior to correctly report unsupported commands.