This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: prelink and gdb
- From: Bob Rossi <bob_rossi at cox dot net>
- To: Bin Chen <binary dot chen at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:12:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: prelink and gdb
- References: <1189594208.5033.3.camel@binch-desktop>
On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 06:50:08PM +0800, Bin Chen wrote:
> We have two versions in our project, both are for ARM. The release
> version does prelink for most of the applications, and the debug version
> doesn't do prelink.
> We encounter problem when we run simple test program, in debug version,
> the test program can be backtrace with symbol name displayed, but with
> the same binary executable, in release version, the symbol name can't be
In the release version, did you strip the debugging symbols?