This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: attaching gdb causes pthread_create hang [gdb6.3, long subject]
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Bogdan Slusarczyk <bodzio131 at op dot pl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:48:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: attaching gdb causes pthread_create hang [gdb6.3, long subject]
- References: <46E117EE.email@example.com>
On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 11:20:46AM +0200, Bogdan Slusarczyk wrote:
> Hi everyone, maybe you can help me.
> There is following scenario:
> 1) I use gdb6.3, which was build on some linux, and I cannot change its version
> and cannot build gdb for every linux on the world (I mean I have to deliver
> built gdb to customers, regardless of which linux they have)
Sorry, but if you say "I have a version of GDB three years old and it
has this problem", we're only going to suggest you try the current
version. We've spent those three years fixing problems in GDB.
> - when I build the same gdb version on such specific linux, it works fine too!
I don't know what this might be. My first guess would be that the
system you're building on didn't have tkill available.
> -what kind of operations does gdb which could harm debugged application?
It debugs it! Debugging, especially for threaded programs, is
intrusive and complicated.