Re: gdb-6.6/ARM/static linking/pthreads

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:00:29PM -0400, John Breitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've got a statically linked application with a dozen or so pthreads (nptl in
> glibc-2.3.6), and want to use gdb to debug it.  With gdbserver, I attach to the
> specific thread id, and can set a breakpoint.  However, if that breakpoint is
> hit by another of the pthreads, my kernel kills off all of them.

You need both gdb and glibc patches to debug a statically linked
application with pthreads.  You can find them in the respective list
archives (gdb-patches and libc-alpha) earlier this year.  CVS
snapshots of both GDB and glibc trunk should work; the glibc patch
probably applies cleanly to glibc 2.3.6.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery