Re: Posting from work/university addresses

> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:12:05 -0400
>
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 08:09:40PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >I hope the only messages to be censored will be only those that mention
> >confidentiality issues.
>
> What exactly are you implying here?  What other kinds of messages would
> you expect would be "censored"?

I don't expect any censorship at all.

I was referring to this part of this thread:

> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:27:31 -0400
>
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 03:03:55PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >Where can one see what exactly is about to be banned, and how?  Is
> >this policy and its practical implications announced and explained in
> >detail somewhere?
>
> It will be blocked using the same spam software that I wrote for
> sourceware years ago.  That software can bounce email based on arbitrary
> regexes found in the body of a message.  However, the bounce will not
> identify the message as spam and will have a clear message indicating
> why the message was refused.

Since the regexps mentioned above were not disclosed, and the URL Ian
mentioned doesn't say anything about rejecting messages, and doesn't
define precisely which kinds of text will be a reason for rejection, I
can only hope that the filters will reject only messages that could
present legal problems for sourceware, not, for example, the kind of
text mentioned here: