Re: Posting from work/university addresses

On Thu 2 Aug 2007 13:10, Robert Dewar pondered:
> Robin Getz wrote:
>
> > Please make sure that this doesn't filter the requirements currently in place
> > by EU based folks - who are now required by law to post all kinds of stuff
> > (business address, company directors, etc) in their emails...
>
> Let's make sure that we really know the rules before we follow them!
> Almost no one from the EU posts this stuff, and I have never heard
> of such a requirement in connection with our paris based company.

There are some people following them now - due to company policy - RedHat in Cambridge
and Analog Devices in Munich - I know for sure...

I see lots of messages on lkml with

(Red Hat UK Ltd. Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, AmberleyPlace, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, UnitedKingdom.Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) andDavid Owens (Ireland))

and even on the gcc list, I see in the footers:

--
 This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
 Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen

Just because not many people are following the rules, doesn't mean we should
punish the ones who are (no matter how ridiculous the law seems to be).

-Robin